Visit the market 8 am to 12 pm Sundays, May thru November (9 am to 1 pm December thru April). We are located at the corner of Washington Blvd. and N. McKinley Rd. in Arlington, Virginia. Check out our Winter 2014-15 vendor map to locate your favorite vendors.
Spring Gap Mountain Creamery will rejoin the Westover Farmers Market this Sunday. Spring Gap offers several aged cheeses made near PawPaw, West Virginia from raw milk coming from the Shenandoah Valley. The Creamery’s cheeses include Jersey Gold, Shenandoah Sunrise (a southern French farmstead cheese), Sophie’s Select (a medium sharp cheddar), West Virginia Blue, Bloomery (similar to a Camembert or Brie), and Farmhouse Feta (our favorite!). Spring Gap will be selling up on the plaza area of the market.
An open secret of farmers markets is the availability of fruits and vegetables from our local vendors that are sold at a sharply reduced price as seconds. If you are making an apple pie, who cares if the apples you use are a bit misshapen or have a bruise? Also if you need a large amount of a fruit or vegetable for a recipe, ask the several farm vendors at the market whether they have seconds of what you need. You could get some or all of what you want from the seconds bin and pay notably less than you would at any regular grocery store. Be a sharp farmers market shopper!
- Farmers Market Friday Recipe: Watercress Salad
- Reminder: No Easter Market on April 5
- Exclusive Westover Farmers Market Recipes
- Forward, Spring
- Market Open February 22, Thawed or Not
- Brrr… no market Sunday, February 15.
- WFM Winter Market Featured in Washington Post
- Winter Market Starts Tomorrow 9 AM
- Last “summer” market! Time to buy your holiday wreath.